Ceiling moldings is the finishing touch to the design of the ceiling. It allows to significantly transform its perimeter, choosing the right model, it is thus possible to put a logical point in the design space.
What is a quirk and what they need?
Quirk is a ceiling plinth, which is used to hide the gap between the wall and the ceiling. Its width is selected depending on the height and volume of the building, for example for a small room should be applied only to a narrow model.
Types of boards for ceiling
The materials used for manufacturing.
Durable, flexible, bends well and will satisfy even a rounded surface. He successfully repeats moldings, complex ornaments and patterns, suitable for painting with any paints.
Is made of various wood species. Such ceiling moldings look very expensive and add to the interior of aristocracy.
Has a low cost and easy installation. The only negative is that it is very fragile and do not bend.
PVC (polyvinyl chloride).
Durable, easy to clean and installation. Such models are easily cut, perfectly fit together and can be repeatedly painted in different colors.
Extruded skirting is made of polystyrene, fits perfectly to the wall and ceiling. It’s great to clean and also easy to dye.
Eco-friendly, tough material, resistant to mechanical stress and is ideal for rooms with high humidity.
Has an exclusive, aesthetic and rich look. Plaster models are very reliable, environmentally friendly and fire resistant.
The varieties of textures baseboards
Principal that klassificeret on textural parameters:
- Smooth. Has a flat smooth surface, without grooves, patterns and ornaments. It looks flashy and great for decor in almost any interior.
- Extruded. Different longitudinal grooves with the finished grooves.
- Injection. Has a convex relief surface and has a granular structure. Such ceiling of the throat is a distinct decor.
What are the dimensions?
There are two main types: broad and narrow. Other tips for choosing the size will be specified below.
The size range from 10 to 50 mm. Slim uncluttered fillets are suitable for small rooms with low ceilings.
Allows you to visually smooth out the corners, and to hide the flaws and irregularities of the walls. It has a range of 160 to 350 mm, and is most often used for the decoration of the spacious rooms.
Kinds of forms fillets
There are several types:
- Direct. Traditional and the most common variant, which is found in almost any interior.
- Flexible (soft). These curved moldings allow you to organize a smooth shape, thereby concealing the flaws, curves, angles and flaws in the ceiling space.
- With cable channel. Have additional interior space, where it is possible to hide the wires.
Each of these forms carries a definite orientation and functionality.
What color are the baseboards?
Colored fillets are changing the General perception of the interior and the room in General. In addition, ceiling moldings can be yourself paint paint in any color.
To visually expand the space used baguettes, matching with the ceiling to increase the height of the room, use ceiling moldings in the color of the walls.
Designs and drawings
A huge variety of decor gives the baguettes a more unique look.
- Stucco. Always looks expensive and respectable. Brings his appearance a touch of antiquity and luxury and is best combined with classic interiors.
- With inserts. Inserts can be made in different colours, for example white gold or dark wenge and silver. They are chosen in combination with the color of the ceiling or walls.
- Patterns and ornaments. Transform, enliven the ceiling space, deprived of its monotony and set a single style to the room.
- Ladder. The original section in the form of a ladder, creates a stepped protrusion, which is quite popular in the design of many interiors.
Baguettes with diverse design harmonize the situation, ask the room a special character and just look very impressive.
For which types of ceilings you can use decorative moldings?
The main types of ceiling coverings, which are applied to the throat:
- The suspended ceiling. This skirting not only protects and conceals cracks and gaps between walls and ceiling, and is quite an original element of decoration.
- Suspended ceiling of plasterboard. Components for two-level or multi-level structures will be appropriate in almost any model. Especially well with suspended ceilings look skirting from polyurethane or polystyrene.
- The wooden ceiling of the wagon. Wooden figure carved fillet in combination with an identical texture of the ceiling look luxurious and in perfect harmony with each other.
- PVC panels. Here the best fit of the plastic moldings, which can highlight and accentuate the design of the ceiling.
- Ceiling tile. The floor, not only allow to complete the overall design, but considerably simplify the gluing ceiling tiles around the edge of the ceiling.
Such models create a single composition on the ceiling and additional geometric effect.
Photo of the interior of the room
Moldings can be essential and the main decor of any room.
Fillets allow you to beautifully decorate the bathroom to give it the desired appearance or ask style.
It would be appropriate classical simple ceiling model of polyurethane or polystyrene, which are resistant to moisture and easy to clean. The plinth of wood for the kitchen, it is advisable to choose without unnecessary details and ornaments.
Baguettes can completely change the interior room, to create an unusual color and shadow combinations and just decorate the ceiling space.
For decoration of small balcony suitable narrow baguettes that will allow visually to trim and balance a narrow space.
Well-chosen color of the plinth will create a harmonious design nursery, to create smooth color transitions on the ceiling and thus room to add extra height.
A selection of photos of the baseboards in various styles
A wide variety of models and decoration, you can choose option for rooms of any stylistic direction.
Model a simple shape with simple lines, are particularly organic look in this style. Thanks to its versatility and a huge selection, they will form a stylish and modern design.
Plaster, wood or polyurethane plinth with carved designs, moldings or gold, ideal for interior, executed in classical style.
This style does not involve intricate finishes. Come bright of the throat with a simple and uncluttered design.
Plinth with clear lines and shapes, smooth, decorated with lights, will look unusually and accentuate the futuristic and fancy interior.
Baguettes with a thin discreet design, made in inconspicuous colours, they will perfectly overlap with the rest of minimalist décor, and will not attract too much attention.
Here are particularly relevant white fillets with no frills that emphasize restraint and coldness of the Nordic style.
The idea of plinths with lighting
Led tape gives the baguettes even more original and unique look. Such lighting blends well with other lighting fixtures, such as chandeliers, sconces or spotlights.
Examples for non-standard ceilings
The functionality of the skirting makes it possible to use them even in non-standard solutions.
On this ceiling, the moldings look especially beautiful. In addition they allow you to hide the transitions between levels.
The sloping ceiling
Baseboards for sloping ceilings in the attic in the cottage or wooden house needs to be flexible, in order to accurately register multiple angles in the room.
Radius of the fillet is perfect for the curved ceiling. Such elastic models easily allow you to decorate the semicircular corners without any problems.
How to choose a ceiling quirk?
A few guidelines on choosing ceiling moldings:
- The throat preferably should be combined with the color of the ceiling or walls.Thus will create a more coherent composition.
- Wide ceiling moldings are good at hiding defects and flaws of the room.
- For low ceilings you should not use bulky the floor, as they visually disguise the height of the room.
Table of compliance of the room size and width of the plinth
The correct proportions are.
The height of the room
The recommended width of the plinth
Less than 2.5 m
Up to 40 mm
2.5 – 3 m
No wider than 70 mm
More than 3 m
80 mm or more
The narrow and high spaces
70 mm + trim