Non-woven Wallpaper is a special type of materials, having a wide variety of textures and colors.
Description, composition and characteristics
Non-woven Wallpaper is a kind of Wallpaper, made on modern technologies. Interlining is a nonwoven consisting of paper and fabric fibers associated polymer material. In its structure, a polymer material very similar to fiberglass. It does not shrink and is not shrinking after getting wet and also much more elastic and more durable paper which is used in the manufacture of cheap paper Wallpaper.
Such material may consist of several layers, the upper of which can be quite varied fabric, foam vinyl, textured and so on. All coils manufacturer put instructions on pasting with symbols technical characteristics of certain types of Wallpaper.
- Modern manufacturers produce non-woven fabric with micro-perforations, which allow very good air;
- Not so afraid of fire and water like paper;
- Resistant to physical wear and tear;
- Environmentally friendly.
The standard is of 0.53 and 1.06 metres.
10,05 meters standard roll length non-woven Wallpaper.
Varies from 0.5 to 1.5 kg. Weight of a roll depends on the length, width, and density of nonwoven fabric.
From 110 to 140 g/m2.
Quality Wallpaper can last up to 15 years.
The pros and cons
Water vapor permeability, that is, they breathe well, which prevents the formation of mold.
In the absence of a coating of vinyl, these Wallpapers cannot be cleaned using aggressive detergents.
One of the main advantages – the lack of deformation in the process of papering the walls and ceilings, as well as during subsequent operation.
Environmentally friendly. Safe for human health.
The simplicity of the gluing surfaces.
The possibility of sticker on any surface (concrete, plasterboard, chipboard).
Due to the high quality of the material and difficulties in the manufacture cost of the Wallpaper is not the cheapest.
The ability to simply remove them from the surface, without resorting to debilitating scraping the walls.
High resistance non-woven cover to Flammability, non-toxicity and odor.
Are they harmful for health?
In the absence of effects on non-woven Wallpaper high temperatures, this material may be considered safe for the health of ordinary people and for people with allergies.
The types of non-woven Wallpaper
Modern manufacturers offer several types of Wallpaper.
Depending on top of the decorative layer can be paper, acrylic, vinyl or textile.
This material has the following characteristics:
- Sufficient strength and elasticity.
- Easy gluing of wall and ceiling surfaces.
- Relatively thin and light.
These paintings consist of a nonwoven fabric produced by interlacing fibres of textiles and paper, having the additional connection of polymeric binder.
- Non-woven material is resistant to stretching.
- During the gluing surfaces, the interlining is not deformed.
- Fire of Wallpaper is higher than that of conventional paper counterparts.
- This material has good traction with any surface, whether porous concrete, plywood, or drywall.
Ideal for creative people who love to frequently change the interior of the premises. There are smooth and textured. Relief look the most impressive, but due to the possible accumulation of dust on the exposed elements can cause allergic reactions.
- These paintings belong to high strength.
- Resistant to abrasion.
- Allow repainting several times.
- Possess a high resistance to fire.
- When multiple layers of painting this type of Wallpaper increased sound insulation properties.
On the basis of tissue
This kind of wall decoration is used in luxurious interiors. These Wallpapers consist of two layers of non – woven warp and the upper fabric layer.
- The cost of one of the most high.
- This material, considered the strongest of all.
- Look in the interior is very impressive.
Ideal for kitchen or bath.
- Resistant to frequent washing without the use of chemicals.
- Non-woven Wallpaper does not absorb moisture.
- Do not deform due to large amounts of moisture.
- Don’t come off when water gets on the fabric.
Designs and drawings
Wallpaper of nonwoven fabric for several years, beating records of popularity among wall and ceiling coverings. They look great in the bathroom, living room, bedroom, kitchen and in the nursery.
Due to the possibility of a combination of different types of Wallpaper, in the end, you can get very unexpected and original interior. In addition to the combinations according to the types of Wallpaper well look combination of different colors with the same texture in the same room.
Consider popular ways of design:
- Geometric pattern (stripes, plaid, abstract, zigzag, polka-dot);
- Patterns and designs (damask, monogram, lace, openwork pattern);
- Floral print (flowers, leaves, trees);
- Birds and animals;
- Simulation of different surfaces (stone, wood, leather, plaster, etc.);
- Print (city, flowers, nature, cartoon, 3D design).
Performance in a variety of styles
Non-woven cloth suitable for the decoration of interiors in various styles but the most popular stylistic trends currently considered to be the following.
The style is popular for many centuries. Currently in stores you can find a great variety of non-woven Golden Wallpaper with various monograms, perfectly accentuate the taste of the owners of interiors, in preference.
Tender, romantic interior, immersed in a huge amount of daylight and small floral print.
Refers to a concise style, is characterized by a large number of light shades in the interior.
Is characterized by the presence of different geometrical figures that can be combined and the bold colors. Perfectly fit into the interior of a person with ideal taste.
A relaxed style that is ideal for bedrooms, nursery and bath. In the interior creates a feeling of peace and calm.
Modern manufacturers of non-woven Wallpaper offers an extensive range of colors, among the variety which you can choose the ideal shade for a certain style and interior design. The stores there are paintings in pastel, bright and monochrome, dark, bright and rich colors to any taste.
Design ideas in interior rooms
With proper organization of space, with the colour solutions walls and ceilings can transform even the smallest room into a cozy home, be it living room, kitchen, bedroom, nursery, bathroom or hallway.
It is very important, from the variety offered non-woven Wallpaper, to choose those that they perfectly fit into the interior, and energy and money spent on the rolls, was not wasted. To do this, the choice of non-woven Wallpaper, consider a few simple rules:
- You should not choose cloths dark colors for rooms with the orientation of the Windows on the North side;
- For long and narrow spaces do not choose a pattern with vertical stripes that visually will further narrow the room, but for rooms with low ceilings, this pattern would be perfect;
- For bedroom no need to buy Wallpaper of bright colors, as primarily a place of rest, and the bright colors will irritate the optic nerves;
- Choosing rolls for the kitchen or bathroom it is very important that they were washable, as it is a place of high humidity and contamination;
- In the presence of furniture in the repaired area, you must consider the combination of colors between her and the future of wall coverings;
- For hallways it is better to choose imprinted, absolutely not susceptible to abrasion, and with anti-vandal properties.
How to glue?
Detailed instructions for gluing non-woven Wallpaper
The result of the pasting will depend on the availability of the necessary tools and several other factors:
- First, you must carefully prepare and clean the pasted over surface from the remnants of old Wallpaper;
- Second, a couple of hours before pasting, you need to Prime the walls;
- Thirdly, it is necessary to choose the right glue – usually Wallpaper adhesives sold in the form of dry mixtures with detailed instructions for the preparation of the adhesive composition;
- Next you need to start cutting the roll length you need and, if necessary, fit the picture;
- Non-woven fabric are seamless, so you should glue them back to back, but in any case do not overlap;
- Smooth canvas should be “Christmas tree” from top to bottom, expelling air bubbles;
- Special attention for fining should be given to spreading the seams.
It is very important that basically, the room was not exposed to draughts, otherwise the whole work will be wasted.
Painted Wallpaper have higher wear resistance, less susceptible to contamination and allow up to five times to change the interior of the premises without major repairs.
What paint to choose?
In the absence of the desired shade of color you need to buy white paint and color it yourself, or turning to the experts in the store.
- For staining you should choose acrylic or paint based on aqueous emulsions.
- Acrylic paint is more durable and allows you to wash the walls much more times, although water-emulsion paint is cheaper. Here the choice depends on the financial income.
- In addition, depending on the reflective properties of the paint may be matte, glossy, semi gloss, Semigloss or satin. The choice depends on the desired effect on the painted walls or ceiling.
Step by step instructions painting
Below is a detailed video tutorial on painting non-woven Wallpaper.
How to tear off non-woven Wallpaper?
Before purchasing the Wallpaper, many people are thinking about how difficult it would be to remove the non-woven covering on the walls for future repairs.
Step by step instructions
This video tutorial will allow in practice to ensure that the removal of the non-woven Wallpaper on the walls – it is not very difficult.
The rules of care and cleaning
Recommendations for care
No matter how strong the walls are covered with careful handling will extend its life.
- If non-woven Wallpaper is washable, you should periodically wipe them with wet cloth to prevent dust, which can cause allergic reactions.
- If in the instructions the manufacturer has indicated that non-woven Wallpaper is not washable, you can simply periodically vacuumed.
- You should keep the liner from a roll of Wallpaper on which the manufacturer specifies the method of cleaning, suitable for this kind of Wallpaper.
How to wash Wallpaper is made of nonwoven fabric?
With a full list of care-woven Wallpapers can be found in the following article.