If your kitchen is a modern gas stove, to dispense with special drawing on it is not recommended:
- first, the gas you use for cooking in combustion emits quite a large variety of substances that do not bring the human body any good;
- second, all of these combustion products, if they purposefully do not make it possible to gather over your plate and go into the ventilation system, before falling into the natural ventilation system have spread out all over the kitchen (and you’ll be able to breathe fully);
- thirdly, no matter how small were the particles of combustion products of gas, they are, if you have at home over the gas stove not installed hood, time for weeks to cover a thin layer all your kitchen furniture, which does not contribute to its longevity and preserve a beautiful appearance.
So, realizing that without the hood you can not do, should think not only about how to choose, but
how to hang a hood over the stove.
The place of residence of the gas stove
Why you need a hood
Ideally, your gas stove in the kitchen should be right under the vents. However, modern architects, knowing that most Housewives in new homes must buy a hood, don’t pay that much at this point his attention. As a result, in the kitchen, even expensive new stove (with gas tube) may be in the opposite corner from the exhaust. What to do in this case?
There are two solutions to this problem:
Select the hood
When the ventilation hole above the stove
Typically the hood for your gas stove most of the hosts chooses on the basis of their financial capabilities. However, this approach is not always justified, since cheaper models are less powerful and not always able to cope with the amount of work (i.e., do not provide adequate ventilation for the kitchen).
The ratio of the size of the hood and plate
We should not forget that high-quality and even a powerful hood won’t do its job at 100 % if in the kitchen there will be no flow of fresh air (for example, not to be a little ajar window). Earlier, when the premises was a wooden box, having a slit from which every woman wanted to get rid of the problem of flow of air from the street had resolved itself. Now plastic Windows are depriving us that privilege, if they are not installed vent.
The width of the hood should be either greater or equal to the width of the gas stove, how to hang a hood over the stove is necessary so that it draws in and the products of combustion of gas, and odors, and vapors.
Install the hood over the stove
Assembly exhaust diagram
Any hood for a gas stove is always supplied with a detailed manual that explains how to hang a particular model of hood. However, there are some General requirements:
- the hood must be located exactly in the middle of the plate (i.e. the Central axis of the width of the hood should coincide with the axis of the width of the plate);
- distance between hood and hob it is recommended to take equal to 70 inches;
- hoods should be equipped with a separate electrical outlet (using an extension cord in this case is not recommended);
- the electrical outlet should be positioned in such a way as to avoid kinks in the wire drawing;
- any hood is always attached to the wall and never hangs on the vent box.
Attachment for extraction usually are included in its package.
After you fixed the hood in its place, you can begin to assemble the duct, while respecting the basic principles:
- you should not reduce the diameter of the duct throughout its length (that is, if the hood has the hole diameters of 125 mm, attach the duct with a diameter of 100 mm is recommended);
- ducts is allowed to bend at 45 and 90 degrees, but this is recommended only if you have purchased a fairly powerful extractor hood;
- to eliminate the reverse air movement from the ventilation shaft for the hood, install the duct antiphosphate valve.