The preparation of the bouquet is a complex process for beginners, which is performed according to certain rules. You cannot collect all your favorite flowers in one bunch, decorate them with a couple of sprigs of greenery and produce for a beautiful bouquet. In the composition there must be a balance combination of colors and combinations of different plants. Another important aspect is that the moderate use of decoration to base of the bouquet is not lost on the background. In addition, flowers need to assemble in accordance with the rules of the language of flowers, which in linguistics is irrelevant. The number of complexities for such a seemingly simple task, it is surprising, isn’t it? Let’s talk about how to properly arrange a bouquet.
- Talking about flowers
- Basic techniques and rules of drawing up of bouquets
- Types and forms of bouquets
- The combination of colors in the bouquet
- The colours of the bouquet
- Rules of registration
- Variety of materials for processing
- Clearance floral mesh
- Wrapping the bouquet in plastic
- Making corrugated paper
- The design of the bouquet of roses in the home
- Making of bouquets from fruits and berries
- Design and Assembly of the male bouquets
- Making wedding bouquets
- Production and design of buttonholes
Talking about flowers
Language of flower — symbolism, which give the different plants in the bouquet. There was this subtle, refined way of expressing feelings in the East. According to legend, it was invented by women, who due to the peculiarities of local customs, was not able to communicate fully. Range of their feelings, they began to invest in bouquets. One of the French monarchs was brought basics of the art of making compositions in the Old world after the friendly visit of the Persian king. Especially popular the language of flowers found in the territories of England and France. In these countries even started to publish special booklets and dictionaries containing lists of names of plants with their symbolic value. The language of flowers has been widely used by florists. The value of not only the flowers themselves, but the hints of buds, the number of participants of the bouquet. The following are examples of the values of the most popular plants:
- Rose (red) — a Declaration of passionate love.
- Violet — symbolizes faithfulness and fragility.
- Daisy talking about simple and unobtrusive.
- Lily personifies the greatness, nobility, luxury. Perfect for a gift to a woman, to which the experience of adoration.
- Chrysanthemum — a symbol of good health, longevity. In some countries this flower is sacred.
- Mac means sorrow and loss.
- Gerber represents the lightness and coquetry. Perfect for a gift to a woman, with whom relations are just emerging.
- Carnation — a symbol of courage and perseverance. The “male” flower.
- Gladiolus symbolizes courage, nobility and good luck.
- Iris is the flower of pride (not to be confused with arrogance) and wisdom. In Japan “ayame” (iris flowers) blue, blue, and purple shades are considered to be exclusively “masculine” colors. Only they can give men of the samurai class.
- The lilies Express the sensuality, innocence, fragility. Usually they give young Turgenevskaya girls.
- Lilac symbolizes freshness, youth.
Red flowers — a symbol of passion. Pink talking about sensuality and elegance. Blue flowers symbolize loyalty. White represent purity and innocence. Yellow depending on the “neighbors” in the bouquet can speak about separation and nascent love.
Basic techniques and rules of drawing up of bouquets
Among the variety of techniques noted three traditional methods that can be safely attributed to the classic:
- Biedermeier. The bouquet can take three forms: flattened, round, and pyramidal. All participants of the composition is very tightly adjusted to each other. A vivid example of the design in the Biedermeier style — the traditional wedding bouquet of the bride. The stems are wrapped with decorative paper or ribbons to form one thick “leg”.
- Parallel. The bouquet is going to “ladder”. The composition has no center, the buds form parallel rows, which are gradually to the top of the cascade is narrow.
- Spiral. The composition is based on lies the Central flower. The bouquet is consistently begin to add other plants, forming circles. Their stems attach to the stalk of the Central flower at an angle, slightly obliquely. If you look at the composition from above, we get a spiral, hence the name of the technique. The stems of the flowers touch each other only at one point where the bouquet is clamped by the fingers of the florist. Complete the Assembly of the composition by adding the edges of the green leaves.
There are many subtypes of the above techniques and lists every year to replenish, as the imagination of florists and bouquets to perfection.
The most popular types of flowers for spiral technology — chrysanthemums and roses. Their buds have different colors, so the flowers of the same plant does not look boring and monotonous.
The roses are very durable, sturdy stems. Gerberas can also be used for the formation of flower caps, but each leg will first have to reinforce and wind the transparent film. Their stems are quite durable, but there is a discrepancy between the weight of the flower head and its support. For this reason, gerbera daisies are often “buckled” at the sepal. For the same type of build fit and cloves, but due to the fragile nature of the stems with them can only work florists-high-class professionals.
Types and forms of bouquets
Bouquets, depending on the style of the design, klassificeret into three types:
- Female. Bright, three-dimensional composition.
- Male. Discreet bouquets with simple, straight lines.
- Neutral. Used as a decorative item and are made in accordance with the style of the room.
See also: interior design modern tree design ideas photo
There is another classification according to the form:
- Round. This is the classic form, which can be attributed to win-win options. Round bouquet can be easily integrated in any design. In the combined compositions of the large buds have a bottom, and small florets are placed closer to the top.
- One-sided. All participants of the song “look” in one direction.
- Asymmetric. The flower buds are directed in different directions, while the composition is carefully balanced.
- Linear. The flowers are arranged in cascade on the same line. The lower stems are short. The higher the Bud, the longer his leg. The bouquet looks luxurious and impressive.
Meet and creative ways of bouquets:
- In a wicker basket or stucco box. The bouquet is perfect for dressing table or window sill.
- Animal figurines on a rigid frame. The creation of such a composition requires skill from the florist, so for beginners this is not an option.
- Another rare species — pamelia or a flower bouquet, which is collected from the petals of many buds, gluing them together.
The combination of colors in the bouquet
In addition to the combination of the shades, the flowers in the bouquet should look good with each other and “get along” in one vase. For example, despite the apparent compatibility, you cannot combine the following plants:
- Carnations with lilies of the valley.
- Lilies with daffodils.
- Carnations with roses and lilies.
- Lilies and cornflowers or poppies.
In this neighborhood the flowers will begin to rapidly fade. Rose is a universally acknowledged Queen of flowers. As befits a crowned “lady”, she is extremely skittish, so the bouquets very often it is surrounded by decorative greenery (asparagus, fern leaves, palm trees, twigs of spruce).
The obtained composition is balanced and complete, but even roses can be neighbors. And not from the “lower classes”, and the same “flower know” rank slightly lower. The role of the Suite of roses can be
Another “Royal” flower — a gorgeous Lily. For five centuries and up to the present day “Fleur de Lis” — the constant European heraldic symbol of the Bourbon dynasty. Over the years, the flower has become automatically associated with high status, wealth, luxury and nobility. As another representative flower of the aristocracy of “blue bloods”, Lily tolerates the neighborhood only those plants that are not trying to outshine her own beauty. She needs to Shine, and the lights will be brighter on a dull background. In bouquet to lilies, you can add:
- Chamomile. Too rustic wild flowers just set off the refinement of this noble Lily.
Lush peonies also occupy quite a high position in the “flower society”, but it does not boast of his origin, like roses or lilies. They are the perfect complement to small buds, sets off the flowers large buds. For a bouquet of peonies will fit:
Irises — fine representatives of the upper classes, but with “wide” soul, which makes it easy to have fun with flowers class below. Although they are endowed with certain regalia unconcerned about the neighborhood kniphofia (as in the bouquet and on the bed), tulips, lavender. That’s really one nobody really expected the whims of a simple rustic “suns” — sunflowers.
But they don’t really suffer at all no neighbors in the bouquet of the composition. Even to the greens “from the” include rejection, preferring their own wide leaves as decor. Male flower — carnation, with a truly iron self stoically tolerates the neighborhood a variety of colors:
- The crocuses.
As decor for bouquets of carnations used the prickly twigs of Ruscus and delicate beargrass. Gerbera, more like a large colorful daisies, with the same enthusiasm greeted the noble as roses or chrysanthemums and wild flowers “easier”.
The colours of the bouquet
In floristry there are three major colors:
Green plays the role of decoration, but the center of the composition always captured by the representatives of the trio. They organically Supplement each other. Yellow and red — a warm, Sunny colors. Blue and its shades (blue, purple, lavender) are cool tones. Green color temperature is also quite low. Please note bouquets composed exclusively of blue. They look strict and unapproachable. Cold blue is magnified at the expense of the surrounding greenery. It is sufficient to add to the bouquet a couple of warm yellow, orange, red notes and the composition is filled with inner light, her mood changes dramatically. Neutral white can set off the brightness of its neighbours or used in delicate bouquets. For example, white roses do not need supplements.
Decorated with a sprig of asparagus and wrapped in the envelope of transparencies, they become the personification of luxurious simplicity. Monochromatic bouquets of delicate flowers (pink, white, pale yellow) is sufficient to dilute the green tones. The blue color is perfectly combined with yellow, and one of its shades, is blue with a pale pink. Another elegant win-win combination — white and red.
Rules of registration
In a properly assembled bunch of minor participants of the composition are organically interspersed with the main “Central” flowers. The Assembly starts from the middle. First collect the “backbone” of the bouquet, to which was gradually added his environment. When choosing colors and shapes guided by the gender and age of the person who designed floral gift:
- For young girls fit small bouquets with a round shape consisting of a field of flowers or decorative roses.
- Young boys and men decided to give discreet bouquets asymmetric shapes with elongated lines.
- Women middle-aged suit three-dimensional bouquets of roses, asters, chrysanthemums or gerberas.
- Women of older years presented with lush bouquets of rounded shape, consisting of buds of bright and rich colors.
Important role the bouquet plays the packaging. She should carefully get under the filling.
See also: Patchwork in the interior: 75 examples in the photo
Variety of materials for processing
There is a huge variety of wrapping materials that vary in color and texture. Most popular include:
- Corrugated paper. The edges of the seal using a special machine.
- Film. Classic version — transparent. Used in the preparation of bouquets-envelopes, for the packaging of single colors (popular for the holidays May 9 and September 1 in the school), as part of a complex wrap of several layers of different materials.
- Floral mesh. Like dense “perforated” matter that holds its shape.
- Kraft. The classic wrapping paper. Goes well with any bouquets, making concise notes in the composition.
- Organza. Translucent fabrics, which perfectly emphasizes the wealth and luxury of the bouquet.
As additional decor used:
- Tape. The undisputed leader among jewelry. Their waves are “allowed” on the edge of the packaging, they collect lush bows using a stapler, cut into small, “curly” ribbons, which sprinkle the flowers on top.
- Sisal. Leaf fibers of the agave pale brown. Give the bouquet a touch of the exotic.
- Rope. Commonly used simple twine. They tie packaging Kraft paper or Supplement the registration Sisulu.
The more expensive bouquets instead of plain tapes can be used satin. The bows they make softer and neater.
Clearance floral mesh
Floral mesh made of natural fibers don’t fade in the sun, not afraid of water, has no odor, as is the case with film. It gives the bouquet a shade of tenderness and grace. Available in different color variations. Can be covered with a dusting of sequins. The bouquet is typically used without additional packaging materials, as the mesh itself looks luxurious. The sharp corners of the wrap is easily straightened, giving the composition volume. As a rule, the flowers are wrapped in several layers of the wrap to the mesh material seemed denser.
Wrapping the bouquet in plastic
Packaging of the bouquet in the film version of the classic. The material can be used for both “envelope” and lush compositions. In the first case, the piece of film cut from the roll and unroll it on the table. The flower put near one of the corners diagonally. After which it begin to wrap in foil. The second area fixed with tape. In the lush bouquets gather tape “accordion” around the basics of composition, holding it in the hand. If the flowers are arranged in a cascade, the substrate for them to do separately.
Clipped to the corners of piece of material also collect accordion, locking at the base of the stapler. After that, the pack seemed to wrap around the bouquet and fasten the edges with each other. Transparent and translucent film looks nice in combination with Hirobumi and opaque wrapper.
Making corrugated paper
Corrugated paper is widely used in crafts and in the design of bouquets and gifts. The surface of the material “crumpled” in a special machine. The dimensions of the corrugation may vary. For gift and fruit packaging wrappers of paper used in the small “harmonica”. The material is easily stretched, so that it can be deformed to your liking, adding the volume of the composition. The bouquet looked carefully, before using the paper edge are processed by a special machine that pulls the inversions and fixes them. The edges of the sheet gets “wavy”. Corrugated paper looks good with a wrap of floral mesh and film. In contrast to these materials, it is afraid of water. It is better to use a double wrap. The base is made of corrugated paper, and a short outer packing of waterproof material.
The design of the bouquet of roses in the home
As a first experience for beginners is better to choose a simpler composition. Roses in this plan are ideal because flowers don’t need a lush design. They will be equally elegant to look like a transparent film and wrap, corrugated paper. Garden roses have irregular stems and a large number of buds on the same twig. Of these colors it is better to collect miniature round bouquets similar to a wedding, or arrangement in a basket. Exquisite roses on long stems suitable for lush flowers and “envelopes”. The second look is more concise, but perfectly suitable as a gift for your beloved woman. Consider a short master class in the Assembly of a simple bouquet:
- First you need to cut a small piece of transparent film. Its crumple and compress, forming a tight “ball”.
- Lump film wrapped with tape. This “ball” will form the basis of the bouquet.
- Hold it in your hand, begin to connect in a circle one rose, pinching each stalk with your fingers.
- Now you can add a bit of greenery. Roses blends perfectly with the asparagus and baby’s breath. The song tied with ribbon, securing the stems of the bulb-base.
See also: arch Design and methods of decoration +75 photo
Then proceed to the package:
- Cut a piece of film.
- Its edge pressed against the base of the bouquet. Now start to slowly wrap film composition, in parallel, assembling packaging of the “accordion”.
- The film ends staple.
- At the base of the bouquet tie the second time decorative tape.
- On request it is possible to secure the bow.
- Thin ribbon “cheat” with scissors. They sprinkled rose top bouquet looked elegant and festive.
The edges of the package to let the waves thin strips, stopping at points of contact with the film clips.
Making of bouquets from fruits and berries
Fruit bouquets — a stylish, beautiful, original gift. They are easy to assemble with your own hands at home if you have the toothpicks and strawberries, apples, grapes, raspberries, bananas, citrus. More subtle look bouquets of berries, but also to work with such fragile material will have to be careful. Sometimes compositions complement sweets: meringue, marshmallows, candy. Consider step by step the stages of the work:
- To start the preparation of the composition should be in the frame. You can use an ordinary wicker basket or make a container of yarn. This will require a plate or bowl. It turned upside down, cover with cling film, thickly smeared with glue and covered with a layer of yarn. Thread a random. Than “thick” they lie, the stronger will decorative capacity. After drying, the frame is removed and separated from the film.
- In the frame you need to invest the basis of: a piece of foam, floral sponge.
- Fruits and berries strung on skewers for canapes or pieces of thick wire.
- The opposite end is fixed in a pliable manner.
- The heavier the fruit is, the thicker the wire you need for him to use.
- Fruit can take not only integer but also cut their pieces.
Composition amount according to your taste. You can add any inedible decorations: artificial flowers from tameran, polymer clay, toys from wool, buds of light tulle, real twigs with green leaves, sisal fibers, “buds” cotton, real daisies, roses, sunflowers.
Design and Assembly of the male bouquets
As mentioned above, for men’s bouquets are characterized by asymmetry and angularity with the extended lines. Streamlined shape — the destiny of women’s compositions. For the men’s bouquet is better to choose exotic flowers with an unusual “appearance”: irises, strelitzia, Calla, Anthurium. As decoration used sprigs of fern, beargrass, sander dracaena (bamboo). Male bouquets are made according to the cascade principle: first choose a basis of composition, which impose a “stage” in the miscellaneous decor. Complement the composition of natural materials: sisal, jute (twine), tape is a neutral color (brown, green, yellow, purple). For close men with a good sense of humor, you can create a bouquet of flowers, and of the products, so beloved representatives of the stronger sex. Composition of different varieties of sausage, ham and bacon are becoming increasingly popular. Of thinly sliced meat slices form the delicate petals and flower buds decorating them with olive décor, leaves of cheese, peppers and beads peas and cherry tomatoes.
Avoid using bright ribbons and eye-catching packaging materials. Men bouquet it is best wrapped in simple Kraft paper. No “skirts” on the packaging also should not be.
Making wedding bouquets
Wedding bouquets are of the correct spherical shape. Due to their miniature size, the compositions are used flowers with small buds. A couple of years ago, the main feature of this bouquet was tightly bound with strips of the stems, which formed one thick “leg”. Now collect more free composition, winding their ribbons, long ends of which are specially allowed to fly. Stems tied with the finest lace, decorated with bead embroidery and beads, pearls, thread and coarse jute rope. The design of the bouquet depends entirely on the style of the wedding.
Production and design of buttonholes
Boutonniere — a mandatory element of the wedding suit of the groom. As a rule, it consists of one or more of buds and fastened in the buttonhole of his jacket. For making buttonholes, you will need:
- Live flower and a couple of sprigs for decoration (rosemary, lavender).
- Ribbons, beads, cut tulle.
Stages of work:
- First flowers put in water and let them soak up the liquid for at least 4 hours. Then, the plants long retain freshness.
- Then at the main Bud at the root of the cut stalk. Instead, sepal insert wire, twisted twice.
- Now to Bud, add decorative sprigs. They are placed a little lower.
- The composition is supplemented with artificial sprigs of wire with beads, tulle buds, ribbons.
- Boutonniere fix teip-tape, winding her wire web.
A beautiful decoration for the groom’s suit is ready.
To arrange flowers is not as difficult as it may seem at first glance. Floristry — floral genuine science, with its laws and regulations. The main condition for the beginning of a florist — desire to take this matter seriously and a good imagination, because every bouquet will be brighter and more beautiful, if the master will add it to unique original features. Fresh flowers — a wonderful gift, albeit short-lived. In the East it was believed that they symbolize the fast current of life itself. Perhaps that is why local philosophy encourages to “seize the moment” and not to regret about the past.